Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Mom,

I went to Parent-Teacher conferences today and heard so many wonderful things about your son. And, as expected, a few frustrating things. I wanted to report it all back to you and because I couldn't I cried my way home. I don't mean to-- I know that you're watching me and feeling completely awful about it. Please don't. It's not your fault.

I also went to that coffee place that S is always talking about. I can see why he loves it... the woman who owns it is so attentive and friendly. And it's clean! You just might like it there too.

I keep thinking "I can't believe you left me to do this" (that is, to raise your son) but I don't know if it's a real feeling or just a thought I'm supposed to have.

Also, I had one of those big global days. I tried to explain myself to Alex but the whole time I was thinking "Mom would understand."

My chin is pulling my lips down into a painful frown and I don't want to frown anymore today. I'm going to go to bed but I hope that I dream of you again.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment